In another effort to make their platform more interactive, engaging, and always a step ahead of SnapChat, Instagram recently announced the launch of Carousel. Carousel gives Instagramers the ability to share up to 10 photos or videos in a single post. Followers swipe through the series and get a more captivating experience.
Carousel is being released to users over the next few weeks on Android and iOS devices. We are already seeing some influencers play with the new feature and are excited about all the possible ways it can be used. Here are 6 ideas about how to get the most out of this innovative update:
So I had to have a play with Instagram's new Multi-Photo share ASAP! So I am re-sharing my spicy sweet potato pasta ✌ I love change in any way so I can't wait to share different stories & insights with everyone with this new feature 🙌 Have a gorgeous Thursday xx #healthynatty #healthynothard #multiphotoshare #multishare #instagram
- Create a step-by-step series for a recipe, skin care routine or work out.
- Capture the most complete experience from an event like #NYFW
- Stop stressing about picking one “best of photo”. Whether it’s food or fashion, give your followers multiple perspectives.
- Tell the whole story about your #OOTD and give each piece in your outfit it’s own image
- Keep your images 100% authentic. Share brand products on later slides or anchor the post with a brand message or coupon code at the end.
- Maintain a cohesive looking Instagram grid. With the ability to apply multiple filters, you can use your custom filter on the first slide and apply other filters to additional images.
And the best part? We’re just scratching the surface of all the ways Carousel can be used. How will you take advantage of the new feature?