When we launched influence.co we made a decision to simplify our signup process by having everyone sign up using Instagram. That was a very useful decision as it allowed us to build some novel features which have been critical to our growth.
Fast forward three years.
We now have 110,000 members, almost 20,000 of which are brands and agencies. As you’d expect, lots of our members have huge audiences on platforms other than Instagram. We have multi-million follower creators on YouTube, Pinterest, and blogs.
Instagram will still be a necessary part of your profile, but we want influencers building an audience on any platform to feel like influence.co can be their professional home base.
The first step in enabling that is to add email-based signups. Email based signups let you log into the platform with only an email (and won’t be susceptible to Instagram being down as we’ve seen recently). Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to log in using Instagram if you prefer to do that.
A few things you might find useful to know about our transition to email-based accounts if you’re an existing member:
- As soon as email-based logins are deployed, the next time you log into your account we’ll ask you for an email and password you wish to use for login.
- In our current system, the email you gave us when you signed up is used for notifications. Once we move to email-based accounts, the concept of “Notification Emails” will merge into your account email so there will only be one email to worry about. Whatever email you give to us as your new account email will be used for notifications going forward.
- You can change your account email at any time from the Account Settings page.
- You can still provide a BCC email for notifications (in case you want to notify your manager). This is still in the Edit Profile page.
- In very few cases, some of our current accounts have the same email in them (e.g. if a manager created three influencer accounts for her clients and used her email in all of them). Once email-based accounts are deployed, you’ll need to give us a different email for each account when you log into that account. Don’t worry – we’ll walk you through it. If you are using Gmail-based email addresses – there’s a nifty feature that Gmail provides which might be useful to you in this situation. Check out an article on it.
We expect this process to go very smoothly but if you encounter any issues along the way, please do not hesitate to contact support at email@example.com.
Are you ready to go PRO?
influence.co helps influencers, brands, and agencies have the most success with their influencer marketing. Explore the powerful tools only PRO members get access to and see what you're missing.Join Free!